I am an American attorney
- living and working in Norway,
- writing for publication,
- editing English documents, and
- working with the U.S. tax return filing needs of American citizens who live abroad.
- specialty English consulting
- doing your U.S.tax returns if you are an American living overseas
- assisting you with your U.S.- Norway legal consulting needs or referrals
- teaching English specialty classes for you or your company, on site or online.
I work to meet your related needs with personal, professional and quality services.
I am currently providing the following consulting services
Global Services: From Norway to you - wherever you are
- Acknowledgments: The blue eagle is the logo insignia of Edvenson Consulting.
- The above images are used with permission of the animation artist, at www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide.
- The webmaster is: June Edvenson. The web host is "Webs.com."You are visitor number:
WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW?
- Americans overseas that I work with are filing their 2019 U.S. tax returns on extensions. I do this work over summer.
- The long-version of the Norwegian tax return is now final.
- The IRS extended the deadline for filing and paying tax on a 2019 U.S. return to July 15, 2020. Now, we are in the extension period until mid-October.
- This gives we Americans overseas sufficient time to gather and e-file our returns.
Don't be scammed!
The IRS has recently released it's 'Dirty Dozen' tax scams, this year including some related to the payments of Economic Incentive Support to Americans, many of whom have been - and continue to be - seriously affected by the global corona pandemic. You'll find it here: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-unveils-dirty-dozen-list-of-tax-scams-for-2020-americans-urged-to-be-vigilant-to-these-threats-during-the-pandemic-and-its-aftermath
I will also add:
-Do not take verbal (non-wriitten) tax return form advice from anyone who does not hold an actively licensed and registered PTIN.
-DO DEMAND the PTIN number of persons who wish to give you US tax return advice. Keep copies of their statements for your records. Report unlicensed actors.
-Do not be 'warned into' filing forms you do not owe to the IRS.
-NEVER just show your US tax return to anyone who asks to see it. There are VERY LIMITED circumstances when you would need to show your US Return to anyone.
Ask me for more information if you wish a practical, knowledgable legal opinion on this.