I am an American attorney
- living and working in Norway,
- writing for publication, and
- working with the U.S. tax return filing needs of American citizens who live abroad.
- English language editing and consulting services
- doing your U.S. personal income tax return if you are an American living overseas
- assisting you with your U.S.- Norway legal consulting needs or referral to Norwegian attorneys
- teaching legal and specialty English courses for you or your company - on site or online.
I work to meet your related needs with personal, professional and quality service.
I am currently providing the following consulting services
- For more information about my services, e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to excess demand, I currently accept inquiries from potential clients only by e-mail.
- Note: As an actively licensed American attorney, I must include certain information on this website:
- This site may be considered "attorney advertising."
- The information provided on this website is not providing legal advice.
- The information on this website does not create a client relationship.
- Direct contact with me and request for my services may result in a confidential client relationship.
Global Services: From Norway to you - wherever you are
Click here to edit text
- Acknowledgments: The blue eagle is the logo insignia of Edvenson Consulting.
- The above images are used with permission of the animation artist, at www.intuitionbase.com/waveguide.
- The webmaster is: June Edvenson. The web host is "Webs.com."You are visitor number:
WHAT'S HAPPENING NOW?
- Americans overseas have completed their 2020 US return filings.
- The 2021 return filing season begins next Spring, 2022.
- Persons learning of their filing obligations are doing catch-up return sets at any time of the year.
- The IRS is still understaffed and swamped with work after the impact of a year and a half of Covid-19.
- Covid-19 is still around. For extra safety, I suggest that most persons wear a mask when inside public places and socially distance themselves from others.
- It's not always easy to care about those you don't know - do it anyway, especially now.
Don't be scammed!
The IRS release a lit of 'Dirty Dozen' tax scams each year. You will find the latest one at www.irs.gov. Here is a recent list: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-unveils-dirty-dozen-list-of-tax-scams-for-2020-americans-urged-to-be-vigilant-to-these-threats-during-the-pandemic-and-its-aftermath
In 2021, they added to that list. From their advice, I suggest focus on these:
-Do not take verbal (non-wriitten) tax return form advice from anyone who does not hold an actively licensed and registered PTIN.
-DO DEMAND the PTIN number of persons who wish to give you US tax return advice. Keep copies of their statements for your records. Report unlicensed actors.
-Do not be 'warned into' filing forms you do not owe to the IRS.
-NEVER just show your US tax return to anyone who asks to see it. There are VERY LIMITED circumstances when you would need to show your US Return to anyone.
Ask me for more information if you wish a practical, knowledgable legal opinion on this.